Tuesday, March 6, 2007

"Everywhere I turned, I saw wayward bra straps…" Mom Saw a Common Problem and Set Out to Solve It


www.straptamers.com


Noel Goldman saw a common problem - the slipping, sliding and general overexposure of bra straps everywhere - and set out to solve it.
Strap Tamers Bra Strap Concealers ( http://www.straptamers.com/ ) is her invention. Through hard work, business acumen and good old-fashioned intuition, it has blossomed into a successful company. Her innovative yet oh-so-simple product is the stuff of this month's inspiration. Here is her story:


Living in Florida, no matter where I went - theme parks, the mall, even church - exposed bra straps were everywhere! I kept wondering, just when did it become acceptable to fail to keep your undergarments "under"?


This has always bugged me, but as my daughter rushed to leave for school one morning, I was floored to see (yes, right in my very home, right on my lovely daughter) visible bra straps! That did it. Someone had to help women fight this epidemic and reclaim our national sense of decorum. In order for my daughter (or just about anyone else) to use it, the solution would have to be easy, comfortable and convenient.


Then, one bright, sunny morning in May 2004, it came to me - a pin with a clip. The pin attaches the clip to your garment and the clip allows you to slip your strap in and out of confinement easily. Best of all, you can leave Strap Tamers in your clothing wash after wash. The clips stay in place, ever ready to tame your straps, and they're inexpensive enough to put in all of your favorite sleeveless clothes.


After exhaustive research and development (between carpool and homework) and the steadfast support of my husband, Strap Tamers were perfected and ready for market. (Our two sons remain hopeful that someday, dinner conversation will return to subjects like Little League and Cub Scouts.) Not surprisingly, response to Strap Tamers has been overwhelming. Strap Tamers are quickly becoming a "basic" of modern feminine attire.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Xf-lVscGwE


This teen chick in the above video could've used Strap Tamer. Falling bra straps don't provide much support as witnessed in this video.